Editing | Proofreading | Transliteration
I have edited a wide variety of texts, from speeches, legal contracts, NGO reports and correspondence, to academic research for submission to refereed journals and book-length works headed for publication.
The Services I Provide
- To the editing task I bring my experience as a language instructor, translator and published researcher.
- I welcome the opportunity to streamline a text, helping writers to express themselves more elegantly, succinctly and coherently, and assisting other translators in rendering Arabic texts into English with greater accuracy and beauty.
- I can assist in polishing academic manuscripts written originally in English, including dissertations, articles for submission to journals, etc., for accuracy, coherence, consistency and proper style.
- When needed, I can ensure that the work in question contains precise and consistent Arabic transliteration using either the Library of Congress or IJMES (International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies) protocol, as the case requires.
Recent Editing Projects
- Abdulla Galadari, Spiritual Meanings of the Hajj Rituals: A Philological Approach (Louisville: Fons Vitae Publishing, 2021)
- Azmi Bishara, Understanding Revolutions: Opening Acts in Tunisia (London: I.B. TAURIS, forthcoming, 2021)
- Azmi Bishara, On the Question: What is Salafism? (Stanford, California: Stanford University Press, forthcoming, 2022)
“Nancy Roberts did an impressive job editing my book manuscript. Her work was impeccable and significantly improved the quality and clarity of the text. I highly recommend her for the magnificent work she did, which was perfectly tailored to the needs of the target audience.”
Abdulla Galadari, author of Spiritual Meanings of the Hajj Rituals: A Philological Approach
“Working together with me and a constellation of Arabic-to-English literary translators, Roberts demonstrated the ability to highlight each individual text’s aesthetics of form and content, while editing similar texts with confidence and mastery.”
Reem Ghanayem, Arabic section editor, The Short Story Project
“Nancy Roberts does an impeccable job. Her efficiency has always provided the desired outcome within agreed, often tight, deadlines. Her translations are consistently to a high standard and outstandingly professional. I would highly recommend her work to my colleagues and will refer to Ms Roberts again in the future for any translation or editing needs.”
Israa Batayneh, Doha Institute for Graduate Studies